Breathwork at The Yoga Place
Time & Location
About The Event
The breathing style utilizes active pranayama rhythmic 2-part breath as a catalyst to excavate blocked energy and unprocessed emotions from the body's nervous system, bypassing the analytical brain to efficiently restore a healthy state of balance, creativity, joy, hope, inspiration and abundance! An all-encompassing recharge of body, mind and spirit, this practice is a profoundly effective method for letting go of all that hinders your journey.
Led by Shamama Breathwork Practitioners Michele Lussky and Amy Lundquist.
NOTICE REGARDING COVID SAFETY:
Michele and Amy are fully vaccinated and we strongly advise all who participate in breathwork to be vaccinated as well, however we do not require vaccination. You will participate at your own risk and sign a liability waiver prior to the session. We are capping attendance at 20.
1) Wear comfortable clothes that don't restrict your breathing (avoid belts, constricting bras, etc.)
2) Please bring a yoga mat, blanket, pillow, eye pillow/blindfold (or towel/handkerchief), and water bottle. Pro tip: some people bring a sleeping bag and pillow if they don't have a yoga mat!
3) We lock the door at 6:30, so please arrive at least 10 minutes early to pay, set up your space, and sign a waiver (if you haven't already).
4 )No heavy meal for two hours prior.
6) We advise no mind-altering substances (alcohol, etc.) 24 hours prior to breathwork
7) We advise healing elements for aftercare like: herbal teas, epsom salt baths, journaling, listening to beautiful music, drinking water, cuddling, aromatherapy, reading positive text (poetry, scripture, etc.) sitting by a fire, napping, high vibration snacks, and walking in nature.
8) Contraindicated for those who are pregnant or who have: severe asthma, severe heart disease, mental illness, epilepsy/history of seizures, acute physical injuries, severe diabetes
MORE ABOUT BREATHWORK:
Using a specific--and powerful--breathing method as well as music, sound, guided meditation, essential oils, and rocks/crystals, breathwork will help you to:
❤️ Connect with your inner wisdom
🧡 Improve energy levels
💛 Relieve stress, anxiety, and depression
💚 Release strong emotions like grief, fear, guilt, or anger
💙 Reprogram limiting beliefs that keep you stuck
💜 Deepen your spiritual connection
This modality helps everyone--including those with PTSD, addiction, anxiety, and other barriers to being emotionally, psychologically, and physically well.
PRAISE for SHAMAMA BREATHWORK:
"I can’t recommend Michele and the work she is doing enough. If you’ve never experienced breathwork - I can assure you that she creates a safe and welcoming space for everyone. Consider this an act of self care like no other." Jen Rapanos, Rockford, MI
"Michele has a gift for creating a truly magical environment for a self healing experience while all the while being real. A grateful participant." Tammy Newman, Kalamazoo, MI
“Breathwork has been an important part of my healing process. Michele is a strong, yet gentle intuitive guide through this process of letting go of old, unconscious, unhealed areas of my life. I feel it is causing rumblings of change that are needed." Cheryl Blackington, Grand Rapids, MI
"Breathwork was like 5 years of therapy in 30 minutes." Dawn Andersen, Allegan, MI
"Thank you Shamama and Michele for the spiritual awakening yesterday! Your Breathwork class is a MUST for anyone in the Rockford/Grand Rapids area who would like to release what is holding them back...Powerful stuff!" Jamie Frietag Dooley, Rockford, MI
"I attended one of Michele’s Breathwork events last week, and it was nothing short of life-changing. A beautiful, highly cathartic experience." Chelsea Jean, Nashville, TN
"Michele and the work that she does has been a pivotal point of positive change in my life. Her ability to hold space for healing and personal transformation along with the breathwork that she teaches has been invaluable in my personal growth and healing. Our personal suffering on this earth is here teach us aspects of ourselves that we never knew existed, but we have to be open to receiving that message. Thank you Michele for showing me how to be an open vessel for transformation and creativity!!" Lisa Schneider, Rockford, MI
- Breathwork at The Yoga Place$25$250$0