Life Writing Retreat
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Creativity Coach and Writer, Michele Lussky, MA, for a four days and three nights of unpacking your life's events and reflecting on your life's meaning. This is not just a writing retreat, you be transformed.
Michele will lead us in her special process of "journey writing", as well as labyrinth walks, meditation and (optional) gentle yoga. We will laugh, rest, reflect--and become powerful creators in every sense of the word.
There will be plenty of "down-time" to show yourself compassion and let your creative juices flow in the peaceful setting of the historic inn. Feel free to wander the 146 acres of woodland trails, rolling meadows, and wetlands. Take time to write, create, or read in the library. Visit the peaceful "meditation loft" to pray, dream, meditate, or practice yoga. Sit by the fire and chat with other gentle souls. This is your time to heal, restore, transform and connect.
Michele Lussky will hold intimate and safe space for up to nine people to experience creative growth, self-compassion, and connect to their muse.
Held at the historic Inn at the Rustic Gate, in Big Rapids, Michigan (located one hour north of Grand Rapids), our gracious innkeepers, Marcia and Sharon Stroko, and Patricia Barrett will ensure that you have all of our needs met. The inn is an environmentally responsible facility with large, well-appointed rooms; scenic vistas; groomed walking trails; labyrinth; WiFi; library; meditation/yoga loft; and more. The wholesome and delicious food created by Chef Sharon is organic and locally sourced as much as possible. You will feel pampered and supported during your entire stay.
$750 per person - Includes shared bedroom and bathroom, accommodations, meals/beverages and program.
$800 per person - Includes private room and bathroom, accommodations, meals/beverages and program.
$100 - Non-refundable deposit reserves your space. Balance is due June 1, 2022.
Friday 5:00pm - Sunday noon. (Early check in at 4:00pm on Friday available.)
- Shamama events are inclusive to all sexes, genders, gender identities/expressions, and sexual orientations. We welcome all people of any age, physical ability, color, background, beliefs, or country of origin.
- Special food requests due to dietary restrictions/allergies will be honored. Please let us know on your registration form.
- If you do not have a roommate, we will try to find one for you. Please let us know on your registration form.
- Our Reservation Policy.
- Questions? Email Michele.
- Learn more about Michele.
- Deposit - Private Room$100$1000$0
- Deposit - Shared Room$100$1000$0